You’re just a little over two years old now, but you have the soul of an 80 year old woman. Ha ha. You’re wild about life and live every second to the fullest. You want to do everything Finn does or be like Mama, including wearing matching hairstyles and outfits. I hope you never outgrow that.
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Toy: Ariel doll, along with other babies. All of which must be wrapped up in blankets at all times.
Favorite Food: Cherry Tomatoes, you have “may-mays” with almost every meal.
Favorite Activities: Building pillow houses, climbing and jumping on the furniture, reading, pretending to write, dancing, playing outside
Here are a few other things we’ve noticed about you:
You are each other’s favorite playmates, but you argue like an old married couple. You’re often wagging your finger at him and saying, “No, Shin!” (you’re still working on the ‘f’ sound)
You have a fabulous sense of style and are quite particular about what you wear. You love a good accessory like hats, headbands, bracelets, and scarves. Your favorite is a pock-pock (pocketbook) and you’re still obsessed with shoes.
You’re very affectionate, always holding our hands while you sit on our laps. You often ask us to hold your feet too. You like to hold hands during naps, but if I’m not available to do so, you simply hold your own hand.
Other fun moments to remember:
- Although you are super-girly and affectionate, you’re also tough as nails. One time, you were playing with a friend who’s twice your age at the Chick-fil-a playground. He picked up your purple socks, which you had thrown to the floor, and put them on. You chased him up the slide, pulled him down to you, removed the socks, and sauntered victoriously to the other side of the playground. Your friend thought it was funny, but I bet he won’t try that again.
- You love to tell stories like your brother. Your first story was: “Once upon a time, a little deer came in Mama’s house and walked around. It ate Jazz (Mimi’s dog) and drank Jazz’s water. Then it said, “I love you.” The End.” A masterpiece!
- If you can’t say the last syllable of a word, you simply double the first syllable. Our favorites are: tine-tine (tiny), Cap Cap Mer Mer (Captain America), bell-bell (belly).
- You may become a nurse when you grow up. You always want me to put healing balm and a bandaid on any boo-boo you incur. And you tell us your bell-bell hurts and you need Digize (an oil for tummy issues).
- You don’t miss anything in a conversation. Once, after Sunday school, we asked what you learned. You said you learned about Je-Je (Jesus). We asked what you learned about Him and you replied, “He ‘gives our sins.” (forgives) So, it seems you’d been paying close attention that morning.
- You’re a great helper, often loading the dishwasher with me and helping me put groceries away.
- You like to pretend to write and were writing a letter to me one day. You asked for help, so I said, “Well what do you want to write?” “‘Jus enny thang” (just anything) was your reply.
You are the sunshine in our days! We are so thankful for you and your brother and glad that God chose us to be your parents. We can’t wait to see even more of your dynamic personality in the months to come. We love you to pieces!
You can read the other letters to Lydia here.