In a little less than a month, you will be a two year old. How in the world did that happen?! You continue to surprise us with all you’re learning (some of it good things and some of it things you’re learning not to do). Here’s what you’ve been up to lately:
Other favorite moments this past month:
- I took you to Barnes and Noble to play with the train table. I don’t know if you were just messing with me since I always say “don’t touch _______, it’s dirty”, but you bent down near the top of the table, stuck your tongue out, and said “I’m gonna taste that.” (meaning the table) Before I even tried to stop you, you had second thoughts and pulled your tongue back. I’ve taught you well.
- Jack (our dog) was playing with the neighbors’ dog and you told me “They being crazy! Are they fighting?” I had to explain it was all in good fun.
- Dad took you to a tractor pull which was very loud. You asked Dad, “Is it loud? Did it scare you?” b/c that’s what we always ask you.
- You make statements in the form of the typical questions we ask you all the time. Instead of “I’m hungry”, you say “Are you hungry?”
- While on the big bed as I folded clothes, you looked at the pile of laundry, said, “I’m gonna get in trouble” and dove head first into the pile. We had to have a talk about why getting in trouble is no fun.
- One weekend morning while I was making pancakes, you looked at Dad and asked “Do you want some pancakes, Ryan?”
- You also decided that after calling “Mama, mama” one morning with no reply to try “Allisssoooon”. I sent Dad in to get you, so you probably think he changed his name.
- You like to say “Ready, Set, Go” before you throw a ball or race a car. You are also a fan of counting to five, “One, two, three, shore, shive…” You haven’t quite mastered the “f” sound.
- You love people and will take any opportunity to say “Hey, How are you?” to strangers. You also say “Bye, See you later” and blow them a kiss as well.
It’s hard to imagine that you could be any more fun, but I know the best is always yet to come with you. We love you, Buddy!