In just a few short months, you’ll be two years old. You’ve had a few people think you were already two due to your height. Your use of vocabulary in context seems to expand by the hour & you are fascinated with everything in the world around you. Here are a few other things you’ve experienced in your 20th month:
More memorable moments:
- When you hear something you recognize, you say (for instance), “Do you hear birds? Me too.”
- You still ask what everyone is “doonan” (doing) and you like to point out when we are “eat-ning”.
- You were watching a commercial of an older woman swimming in a one piece suit and you said “She naked.” Apparently you have high standards for modesty.
- Whenever one of us coughs, you have to point out that we’ve done so. You also say “Mama ti-derd” (tired) if I yawn.
- I often sing to you as I rock you to sleep for the night. One night, I stopped singing and you picked right up singing the only words of Jesus Loves Me you know, “Yesh, Jesus show me…little ones…they are weak.” You often request songs you know even when I’m singing something else at the moment. I feel like a Top 40 baby radio station sometimes. lol
- You like to to look through these animal flashcards we have & identify the animals you know. One night I could tell you were getting tired of doing it after a few minutes. I asked if your brain hurt and you grabbed your head.
- One morning when I thought you were still asleep, I sneezed in another room & you let me know you were up by adding, “Bless you, Mama.”
- Someone came to visit us the other day and b/c I say this frequently, you quickly said, “Who came to see you?” before I even opened my mouth.
- We talk about being sweet versus being mean a lot from one of your books. Oftentimes, if you see something like a lamb or baby on tv, you’ll look at me and say “How ‘weet”. Or if someone’s being bad, you’ll say, “He being mean.”
- In your baby Bible, it has a picture of the Tower of Babel and I read the part that said they weren’t doing what was right in the eyes of the Lord. Now every time we turn to that page, you say, “They not right. They not right.”
- Your favorite food is french fries and you ask for them and/or donuts almost everyday. You’re just like your parents. ha ha
You make every day so much fun and bring so much excitement to our lives! I know your new sibling will find you as fascinating as we do. You’ll make a great big brother!
We love you,