Your 18th month has been full of adventure! It’s been so fun watching you pick up things you’ve been observing in the world around you and learning how to apply them like we adults do.
Other favorite moments:
- You went through a phase where you’d ask for something to eat and if we asked you to verify by stating the food again, you’d say “Sounds good.”
- If something is too heavy or a toy gets stuck in something, you’ll drag it over to us with some obvious effort and grunt “Need help.”
- Anytime you hear a car go by the house, you say “Car, zoom. Big Car, Zoom” (pronounced “Zshoom”). You also enjoy making your toy cars go zoom.
- You love to repeat the line from The Flea’s Sneeze that goes, “On a dark, dark night.”
- One day we were watching a tv show at Mimi’s house and you wanted to watch Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron for the millionth time. We told you that we’d watch it later. You picked up the remote, pointed it at the tv, and said, “Stop.” I guess you figured that might turn off what we were watching so you could watch your movie.
- We’ve had a lot of summer storms this month. One afternoon, after you heard a roll of thunder, you said, “Hear Thunder? Boom Boom.”
- When the weight of something is too much for you to handle, you tell us that it’s “hea-bee” (heavy) and ask us to help you.
- When you fall or bonk your head on something, we always say something like, “Mean table. Don’t you hurt Finn,” and fake spank the item to help you stop crying. You’ve started telling me things are “mean” when they hurt you now.
- I took you to the kids’ section at Barnes and Noble for the first time and you climbed on the mini-stage they have for StoryTime and started yelling, “Wow!” over and over as you looked around. Then you dragged me all over the department showing me “Nay-nay” books. Luckily no one else was there, but in your defense I also shout “Wow” as I look at all the books there too (Just kidding…maybe).
You are still the most fun-loving, effervescent little dynamo we know and we love experiencing life through your fresh little eyes!