Along with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law, we’re having a huge yard sale this Saturday. Although I didn’t have a lot to get rid of from our house (one of the perks of “cottage” living is you don’t have space for anything unnecessary), my mom had stored a ton of things for me in my parents’ barn.
I had no idea what a little hoarder I was, but it looks like that might actually pay off (literally) at the yard sale. Barbies and porcelain dolls that are still in good condition, stuffed animals from various Disney movies (spotless, I might add), and lots of random toys that any kid would enjoy. Luckily, Mom kept everything in seal-tight containers, so we only found one or two bins that housed tiny, vacant mouse nests.
The fun part about going through all that stuff, even though it takes a while, is seeing what you were like as a kid. Judging from my various diaries, fake notes, and other assorted scraps of paper I saved all these years, the following career options were explored:
- Sketch Artist (mostly of our dog, Dazzle, and various celebrities, including animal stars)
- Head of a Modeling Agency
- Reporter for The Daily Planet (just so I could marry Clark Kent…The Dean Cain version)
- Bad Hairstylist (I’m sorry about the hacked bob I gave you Miss Makeup!)
- Radio Announcer (at a station that vaguely resembled the one from Saved by the Bell…coincidence?)
Also found amongst the treasures:
And the items above weren’t even the best finds if you can believe it! Tomorrow, I’ll share some of the things I actually kept for Finn.