Continuing with the Mother’s Day theme, here are ten invaluable lessons my own mother taught me.
1. Fresh air is good for the soul. Play outside.
2. Always say please and thank you.
3. Treat others the way you’d like to be treated.
4. Seek to understand a person’s point of view before jumping to conclusions about their motives.
5. Read like it’s going out of style.
6. Dream, and dream big.
7. Boredom is a great tool for growing your creativity.
8. Try new things. You can always quit later if you don’t like it, but give things a try.
9. The ponytail was invented for bad hair days. Whip it up!
10. Kindness matters.
What about you? What lessons did your mother teach you that still stick with you?